124.6*40.6*29.8mm (working state)
It weights 127g (with built-in battery but without other accessories).
Feiyu Pocket 2 has a built-in rechargeable battery, of which the capacity is 875mAh, 6.738Wh and voltage is about 7.7V. Charging the battery through USB-C port. Usage time: 220 min while working at 1080p 60fps, and 190 min while working at 4K 30fps.
About 1.2h with 10W charger, 5V/2A charger is recommended. The indicator is solid red while charging, and solid green while fully charged. Note: no continuous charging for more than 12 hours.
It is not waterproof.
You can download and install the Feiyu Cam APP from Google Play/App Store. After connecting the Feiyu Cam APP, you can use it for image transmission, taking pictures and downloading file etc. P.S. For the first time to use the Feiyu Cam App, it requires logging in by phone number or Email.
1) Turn on the gimbal WiFi by long press the shutter button about 3 seconds, or swipe down to enter the setting menu, tap on WiFi icon:
2) Turn on WiFi on the phone.
(It requires Location turned on for Android smartphones, and some phones require Cellular Data off)
3) turn on the App, tap on “Feiyu Pocket”, next swipe left or right to select the correct device, tap “OK”, and scan the QR code on the Pocket cam. Pictures for first-time connect:
None first-time connect:
Tap on the zoom button on the right side of the screen, pull it up and down to zoom in and out. It supports 1x to 4x digital zoom.
There are two ways to upgrade the firmware for Feiyu Pocket 2, one way is upgrade by the App, the other way is by the MicroSD Card. 1) Upgrade firmware by Feiyu Cam App: After connecting with Feiyu Cam App, click “Home”, then tap on “...” at the upper-right corner, tap on “FW Upgrade” and then “Download Firmware”.
The camera will shutdown automatically after the upgrade is done. For the first boot up after firmware upgrade, it needs a few seconds to process. 2) Upgrade the firmware by MicroSD Card: Download the firmware from the official website,
then copy the firmware to the root directory of the MicroSD Card.
Next install the MicroSD properly and turn the camera on, the camera will detect and upgrade the firmware automatically. Please DO NOT remove the MicroSD Card during upgrade progress.
You can calibrate the device: swipe down to enter the setting menu, then click “Calibration” to calibrate it.
For Super high quality, the video bit rate is up to 120Mbps (As a comparison, the highest bit rate supported by Sony A7M3 is 100Mbps), which can reduce video noise.
Max Capacity supported: 512G. For recording Super Hight quality video, U3 and higher speed SD Card is required (minimum writing speed > 30MBps)
1) When taking photos or videos, you can check the amount of remaining photos or video duration at the bottom of the main screen.
2) You can also check the free space in the setting menu.
1) Remove the MicroSD Card and connect with a computer with card reader, then copy the files to the computer. 2) When the Pocket cam is on, connect with a computer with USB-C cable, select Udisk mode, then copy the files to the computer. Transmission rate for the port is about 22MB/s.
3) Connect with the Feiyu Cam APP, download the pictures and videos to your phone. Transmission rate≤3MB/s.
Maximum video resolution is 4K (3840 * 2160 for video)(4000*3000 for photo). All the supported resolution and frame rate: 4K: 3840 * 2160 supports 60/50/48/30/25/24 FPS video shooting; 2.7K: 2720 * 1520 supports 60/50/48/30/25/24 FPS video shooting; 1080P: 1920 * 1080 supports 120/60/50/48/30/25/24 FPS video shooting.
Swipe left to enter the shooting setting, then select “Video” to set up the resolution&frame rate for video shooting.
MOV (default)/MP4, you can change format by the APP.
JPG / JPG+DNG
It requires connecting the Feiyu Cam App and viewing the composed panoramic photos in the APP.
1) You can check it by the battery icon, which is at the upper right corner on the main interface . 2) Swipe down to enter the setting menu, tap on the setting icon, then you can see the remaining battery.
On the gimbal itself, you can set up with two points, which are the start and end points. On the Feiyu Cam App, it supports 10 points.
It supports 2*2, 3*3 and 180° panoramas.
Tilt the handle 90° from left or right and keep it vertically. (Note:4k48/50/60 and 1080P120 videos can not be displayed vertically on the camera screen)
Swipe down on the screen, then swipe left to find the Pro mode, tap on the “Pro” icon to confirm.
In this mode, you can adjust EXP, WB and Color.
Swipe down on the main screen, then swipe left to find the brightness option, tap on the icon to switch between Low, Medium and High brightness.
You can share the video by the Feiyu Cam App directly.
1) Swipe up on the main screen, then swipe left to find the selfie icon, click on it to make the camera turn around.
1) Swipe up from the main screen, tap on those icons to switch between Pan mode, Follow mode and All Follow mode.
2) Use the Feiyu Cam APP to switch between different modes.
1) Double press the joystick to recenter. 2) Control the camera direction while in the default interface. 3) Switch files when on the file preview interface. 4) Change volume (up/down) when playing back videos. 5) Press to play and pause the video.
1) When in handheld mode, swipe up from main screen, then swipe left, tap on the icons to switch between Smooth and Motion mode.
Swipe right on the main screen to check the videos and photos.
When the gimbal is on, connect with the computer via USB-C cable and select PCCAM.
After the driver is automatically installed, you will see a new device in Device Manager of the PC.
Below pictures shows how to open the camera on Windows 10:
Dead zone exists in all the follow modes, it’s for the smoothness while switching the gimbal from still to moving status.
If some light sources looks flickering in the video, you can turn on the anti-flicker function before recording. Note: This feature was turned off by default and will be turned off after rebooting the device, for leaving it off is good for low light shots.
Average metering is suitable for the viewfinder screen with uniform light and little contrast between light and dark, which can almost let you get a satisfactory picture; spot metering is suitable for exposure compensation in high-contrast situations. Use this mode to ensure the camera Expose the subject correctly, not the background. Restore the default average metering after the metering function is turned off
Turn off the beauty mode, and choose JPG format in Pro Mode.
The motion mode is suitable for following fast-moving objects. Smooth mode is recommended in daily shooting scenarios.
It is recommended to do straight-line shooting in Pan mode or Lock mode.
Make sure not to run the APP in the background while composing the panorama pictures, same for downloading or splicing files and upgrading firmware.
After connecting with the APP, tap on a specific spot you want on the screen, the camera will quickly face the spot and center on this spot. (This function is only available in the APP, and it’s turned on by default)
Press and hold the power button over 7 seconds to reset the pocket cam. Note: after forced shutdown, you need to hold the power button 3 seconds and release it, then press again and hold for 2 to 3 seconds to turn it on.
Make sure the pocket cam is not connected with the APP on another phone: Disconnect it with other phones, or try to connect again after leaving the current range for 20 meters.
When in recording mode, set the camera to Pro mode, and tap on the “Pro” icon at the upper left corner on main screen, then tap on the Volume icon to switch between mute, low, medium and high volume modes.
Swipe down on the main screen, swipe left and find Face tracking icon, tap on it to switch it on/off. Note: Only available when in picture mode, record mode and slow motion mode; Not available when color temperature is lower than 3600k or in incandescent mode.
Yes it supports, but required a dedicated adapter. Microphone with power supply is recommended.
1) Make sure the screen protector was removed. 2) Go to Pro mode, and check if the color mode is set to Fy-log mode, if yes, switch to Normal mode.
While in camera preview interface, double tap to lock the screen, single press the power button to unlock.
The following 3 conditions are required at the same time: 1) Set to 4K 30 fps; 2) Set to super high quality mode; 3) Set to Wide Viewing angle .
1) Check if the videos are high frame rate, some media players on smartphone will play high frame rate videos at a very low speed. 2) The performance of the phone is not enough to play back high resolutions and high frame rate videos, try playing on another phone.
1) Make sure Portrait Orientation is turned off on your iPhone.
2) Make sure portrait lock in the APP is in white (unlock status) .
Some smartphones will not automatically refresh the WiFi, you can switch the WiFi off and on, then try connecting again. Some smartphones need to cancel the previous WiFi connections, and then input the new password again to connect.
Some smartphones cannot be connected with Feiyu Cam APP by scanning QR code after entering the passwords directly in system setting. You need to disconnect and forget the previous connections, and then scan the code to connect again.